News listings

energy-pedia development and production

India flagIndia

Central & SE Asia / Australasia >>> India

India: GSPC to tie-in six wells at Tarapur 6 area


30 Oct 2009

Photo - see caption

The Gujarat State Petroleum Company, GSPC, is wrapping up a field development plan (FDP) to bring additional wells onto production at its producing Tarapur block, located in the Cambay basin

Reliable company sources have revealed that the FDP entails drilling eleven additional producing wells, six of which shall be drilled in the Tarapur 6 area. The wells are expected to be put on production by January 2010.

The new set of wells are expected to add more than 2,200 barrels of oil per day (BOPD) to the field, sources added. The CB-ON/2 block is believed to hold 800 million barrels in-place oil, of which more than 200 million are recoverable.

Tarapur started producing in May 2009 from three discovery wells, the Tarapur-1, Tarapur-P and Tarapur-5. Total gross production for the first two months in the field amounted to 22,125 barrels of oil per day (BOPD). The three producing wells have already been tied into oil tank storage facilities.

Photo - see caption
Recent drilling at Tarapur

Till date the operator has completed a total of twenty-six wells in the Cambay onshore. Of these, twenty are exploration wells, three appraisal and three development wells. In addition to oil, the operator is likely to produce a reasonable quantity of gas a day from Tarapur.

In a related development GSPC has expressed its reluctance to ONGC's proposed participation in the onshore block. The operator has now asked the petroleum ministry not to consider ONGC's request for participation during the extended exploration phase at Tarapur and GSPC is expected to sent a formal communiqué to the ministry in this regard.

ONGC has already exercised its option to acquire a participating interest of 30% in the development phase of operations. GSPC has a 80% stake in the block with GeoGlobal Resources Ltd the remaining 20% PI.

Source: Indian Petro
 





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current deals: 1659
Completed deals: 5011

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2603

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3124

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 422

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1275

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 597

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

Union Jack Oil 149
count geophysics
Government of South Australia
KL Publishing
energy365
SLR Consulting logo
RSK Logo 149
Bayphase
Lynx Information Systems
Rose & Assocs 149
OPC
EP Consult Energies
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com