News listings

energy-pedia licensing

Trinidad flagTrinidad

South America / GoM >>> Trinidad

Trinidad: Touchstone awarded Ortoire Block in Southern Trinidad


04 Nov 2014

Photo - see caption

Calgary-based Touchstone Exploration has signed an Exploration and Production Licence with the Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs of Trinidad and Tobago for the Ortoire Block in Southern Trinidad.  Under the terms of the Licence, Touchstone is the operator with an 80 percent working interest.  The Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago holds the remaining 20 percent partner interest and will be carried for the Licence minimum work obligations.  The Licence is effective for an initial term of six years and can be extended a further 25 years in the event of a commercial discovery.  

The Ortoire Block is located approx. 10 kms east of Touchstone’s Trinidad office in Fyzabad and covers approx. 44,731 gross acres (35,785 net to Touchstone).  The Licence includes a commitment for a six year minimum work program which includes technical reviews, an 85 km 2D seismic program and a four well drilling program.  Capital requirements associated with the minimum work obligations total approx. $11 million USD over the initial six year term of the License and are expected to be funded from operating cash flows.  

James Shipka, Chief Operating Officer, said 'the Ortoire Exploration Block adds a significant and exciting exploration opportunity to our Trinidad oil portfolio.  Preliminary work on the block performed to date has identified several interesting prospects adjacent to and on trend with established production and at depths shallower than 6,000 feet which is consistent with our current drilling programs.' 

Michael Loewen, Country Manager, said 'we look forward to moving ahead with our exploration program on the Ortoire Block, which has the potential to contribute meaningful oil volumes to Trinidad and Tobago and provide employment opportunities in the local communities.' 

The addition of the Ortoire Exploration Block brings Touchstone's total land holdings in Trinidad and Tobago from approx. 24,500 working interest acres to 60,300 net acres, 55,000 of which are located onshore. 

See Touchstone Investor Presentation Q2 2014 for larger scale version of map below.

Photo - see caption

Original article link

Source: Touchstone Exploration





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current deals: 1656
Completed deals: 5061

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2614

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3158

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 422

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1294

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 601

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

count geophysics
OPC
energy365
RSK Logo 149
Rose & Assocs 149
Lynx Information Systems
Bayphase
Union Jack Oil 149
Government of South Australia
SLR Consulting logo
EP Consult Energies
KL Publishing
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com