News listings

energy-pedia licensing

Gulf of Mexico flagGulf of Mexico

South America / GoM >>> Gulf of Mexico

GoM: Petrobras acquires Devon Energy's stake in the Cascade field


28 Jan 2010

Photo - see caption

Petrobras has exercised the right of preference for the acquisition of 50% of the stakes held by Devon Energy in the Cascade field, located in the Gulf of Mexico. The right of preference appears in the partnership agreement currently in effect between Petrobras and Devon. The contracts are expected to be executed in up to sixty days and, as a result, Petrobras will go on to hold 100% of the stakes in the Cascade field.

The Cascade field is developed together with the Chinook field, both operated by Petrobras. In the Chinook field, the company holds 66.7% stakes and operates in partnership with Total, which holds the remaining 33.3% of the stakes.

For the joint development of the Cascade and Chinook fields, Petrobras secured the first licence to use a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) type platform to operate in the Gulf of Mexico. The FPSO BW Pioneer is expected to kick-off its operations there in mid-2010.

Maersk Oil has previously agreed to acquire Devon's 50% stake in the deepwater Cascade field, along with 25% stakes in deepwater fields St. Malo and Jack, in a $1.3 billion deal. However, Petrobras exercised its preferential purchase right. See Maersk's proposed $1.3 billion acquisition of Devon Energy's deepwater oil fields is pre-empted

Source: Petrobras





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Publicly Available Deals

See all deals...

Subscriber Only Deals

Current deals: 1570
Completed deals: 3974

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2250

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 2294

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 389

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:923

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 383

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

Union Jack Oil 149
Rose & Assocs 149
Dolphin Geophysical logo 149
Bayphase
count geophysics
KL Publishing
AJC Oil & Gas
Beagle Geoscience 149
EP Consult Energies
Working Smart Logo
Polarcus Logo 149
Lynx Information Systems
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com