Last update: April 2018
Energy-pedia may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 April 2018.
We collect the following information you provide to us when you sign up for the Energy-pedia Daily Newsletter or become a subscriber to Energy-pedia Opportunities:
- Name, job title, company, industry sector
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We may also collect automatically some or all of the following information:
We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access our websites, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location, as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the webpages you view on our websites, whether you interact with content available on our websites and how.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Energy-pedia does not and will not sell our clients’ personal information. We only disclose your data as described in this Policy. We may share information with the following types of third parties.
Third Party Vendors
Energy-pedia uses third-party vendors to carry out services like website management and hosting, online product purchases, credit card processing and email communications. We only share your personal data as necessary. To complete a transaction, provide a Product or Service you have requested or authorised and only with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. In this case, your personal information will be shared with these agents or contractors but only for the purpose of performing services on behalf of Energy-pedia and in accordance with this Policy. It is our legitimate interest to process your personal data for these purposes. For questions about third-party vendors, please send an email to email@example.com.
Links to other websites
There are different legal bases that we rely on to use your personal information, namely:
We will use your personal information to send you newsletters when you have opted in by completing an online form.
Performance of a contract
The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform the agreement you have with us. For example, to register and maintain your account when you request that we email the Energy-pedia Daily Newsletter to you or to process and deliver purchases made from one of our websites.
We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests. For example, we rely on our legitimate interest to analyse and improve our services and the content on our websites or to use your personal information for administrative, fraud detection or legal purposes.
Energy-pedia is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. However, while we take reasonable precautions to guard the personal information we collect, no security system is impenetrable.
Energy-pedia takes precautionary measures to help prevent information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and that are in controlled facilities. We also ensure that our third-party data centre vendors provide adequate security measures. Additionally, your data is protected with encryption, such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, during transition over the internet.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected by Energy-pedia may be stored and processed in your region or in any other country where Energy-pedia or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers are located or maintain facilities. Energy-pedia has put in place adequate mechanisms to protect personal information when it is transferred internationally, for example by using the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission.
We want you to be in control of how your personal information is used by us. Subject to local law, you can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- you can inform us of any changes to your personal information, or if you want us to correct any of the personal information we hold about you;
- in certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information; and
- in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal information you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. Moreover, where we process your personal information based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal information.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting email@example.com
We will respond to your request as soon as possible but certainly within 30 days.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal information. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in your country (if one exists in your country) or supervisory authority.
You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from Energy-pedia by following the instructions included in every email sent to you via the “Unsubscribe” or ‘Update Your Preferences” link in the footer. Or in the case of Energy-pedia Opportunities subscribers by replying to the bi-weekly newsletter requesting you be unsubscribed. We respect your choice, and we will stop sending you emails once you unsubscribe.
A cookie is a small data file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Energy-pedia uses both types of cookies. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted. We use the following types of cookies on our website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and use its features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. This data may be used to help optimise our website and make it easier for you to navigate.
- Functional cookies. These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing and personalise your experience. We may store your geographic location in a cookie for instance, to ensure that we show you the website relevant to your area.
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies, like those offered by Google Analytics, to help us understand things like how long a visitor stays on our website, what pages they find most useful, and how they arrived at www.energy-pedia.com. To learn more about Google Analytics and your data, visit this Google webpage.
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may impair your overall user experience, as it will no longer be personalised to you. Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal where you can indicate your preference regarding tracking and cross-site tracking. Although we do not currently employ technology that recognises DNT signals, we will only process your personal data in accordance with this Policy. Below you can learn about how to control cookie settings on popular web browsers:
In addition to cookies, we sometimes use small graphic images known as 'pixels' (also known as web beacons, clear GIFs, or pixel tags). We use pixels in our email communications to you (if you have selected to receive such communications) to help us to understand whether our email communication has been viewed.
If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy-pedia may modify or update this Policy when necessary, to reflect customer feedback and changes in our Energy-pedia Products and Service. Please review it regularly. When we update this Policy, we will revise the 'Last Update' date at the top of the Policy. If there are material changes to the Policy or in how Energy-pedia uses your personal data, we will inform you either by posting a notice of such changes, prior to them taking place, or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to regularly review this Policy to learn more how Energy-pedia is using and protecting your information.