News listings

energy-pedia general news

Brazil flagBrazil

South America / GoM >>> Brazil

Brazil: Petrobras signs contract for sale of Frade field interest to PetroRio


29 Nov 2019

Photo - see caption

Petrobras has signed a contract with PetroRio for the sale of its 30% stake in the Frade concession, located in the Campos Basin, north coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, for US$ 100 million. Currently, PetroRio holds the remaining 70% of Frade's concession through its subsidiaries.

The transaction also included the sale of the entire stake held by Petrobras Frade Inversiones S.A. (PFISA), a subsidiary of Petrobras, in the company Frade BV, which owns the offshore assets used in the development of Frade field production.

The sale price of US$ 100 million, will be paid in two installments: (i) US$ 7.5 million upon signature of the contract; and (ii) US$ 92.5 million at the close of the transaction, subject to adjustments due. In addition, there is a contingent US$ 20 million due to a potential new discovery in the field.

The transaction closing is subject to the fulfillment of precedent conditions, such as approvals by the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) and the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP).

This disclosure complies with Petrobras' divestment guidelines and is aligned with the provisions of the special procedure for assignment of rights on exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other fluid hydrocarbons, provided for in Decree 9,355/2018.

This transaction is in line with the portfolio optimization and the improvement of the company’s capital allocation, aiming at generating value for our shareholders.

About the Frade field

The Frade field is located about 118 km from the north coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, in water depths between 1,050 and 1,300 meters. Production started in June 2009 and the average production in 2019 was about 18,400 boe/day. After the completion of the sale, PetroRio will hold 100% of the consortium and Frade BV through its subsidiaries.

Photo - see caption

Original article link

Source: Petrobras





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current Deals

Current Upstream Deals: 355

Completed Deals

Completed Upstream Deals: 5492

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2722

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3495

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 439

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1420

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 732

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

energy365
Rose & Assocs 149
KL Publishing
Bayphase
Union Jack Oil 149
Geoespace
SLR Consulting logo
OPC
Government of South Australia
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com