- The international commodity trader Trafigura has agreed to substantially increase its stake in President pursuant to a subscription of US$6 million for 258,745,946 new ordinary shares in President at a price of 1.85 pence per share. All subscription monies will be applied in fully repaying the remaining advances made by the Trafigura group to the Company and its subsidiaries referred to in President's announcement of 25 July 2019.
- IYA Global, a company beneficially owned by Peter Levine, has stated that it intends, upon the passing of certain resolutions at a general meeting to be held on 22 June, to convert at least US$4.1 million of debt under the existing unsecured loan facility between IYA Global and President ('IYA Loan Facility') into an amount of new ordinary shares in the Company (the 'Conversion Shares') at a price of 1.85 pence per share that will enable Peter Levine (through his investment vehicles) to hold 29.95 percent of the Company's enlarged share capital. It is intended that the exact amount of debt to be converted will be determined following the closing of the retail offer described hereafter. It is also intended that the maturity date for the repayment of the relevant facility be extended until 31 December 2024
- The net effect of the Subscription and the Conversion will be to reduce net debt of the Group by a minimum of approx. US$10.1 million resulting in a reduction of at least US$16 million in the calendar year to date with third party financial debt (excluding IYA) now only US$3.7 million
- The Company is also raising up to US$3.1 million at a price of 1.85 pence per share by the placing of up to 134,611,399 new ordinary shares in the Company conditional upon the passing of the resolutions described hereunder (the 'Placing')
- As part of the Placing, certain directors and employees in the Company are intending to subscribe for a total of 15,136,619 new ordinary shares in the Company
- In addition to the Placing, there will be an offer made by the Company on the PrimaryBid platform of new ordinary shares in the Company (the 'Retail Offer Shares') at the Subscription Price (the 'Retail Offer'), to provide existing shareholders and retail investors with an opportunity to participate. A separate announcement will be made shortly regarding the Retail Offer and its terms
- The Subscription, Conversion, Placing and the Retail Offer are conditional upon the passing of the resolutions at the general meeting of the Company more particularly referred to later in this announcement
- Irrevocable undertakings amounting to approx. 35.6% of the Company's current issued share capital have been received in support of the Resolutions
- After the Subscription, the intended Conversion and the Placing but subject to the Retail Offer, Trafigura will hold approximately 18.3 per cent of the entire enlarged issued share capital in the Company and Peter Levine (through his investment vehicles) will hold 29.95 per cent
- The board of directors of the Company (the "Board") is proposing to obtain necessary shareholder approval, where required, to implement the above at a general meeting to be held on 22 June 2020. A circular will be published shortly, setting out the details of the proposals and a notice of general meeting, and will be posted to shareholders.
Peter Levine, Chairman of the Company, commented:
'We are pleased that Trafigura has expanded their interest in the Company, thereby having a major interest in the future growth and success of our Group. In difficult times for our industry, there will always be those, perhaps the few, who rise to the challenge and come through it the better and stronger for it being able to grasp opportunities as they arise. President is now well placed to be one of those.'
Martin Urdapilleta, General Manager Argentina of Trafigura commented:
'Trafigura is pleased to continue to expand its cooperation with President, whilst ensuring that the Company maintains a lean balance sheet and optimal cost structure. We believe that the current times, while certainly challenging for the entire industry, offer growth and consolidation opportunities as well and we are excited to cooperate with President, as we do with other producers in Argentina and other parts of the world, to support their future growth initiatives.'
Result of PrimaryBid Offer
AIM-listed President Energy, the upstream oil and gas company with a diverse portfolio of production and exploration assets focused primarily in Argentina, announced on 3 June 2020 a fundraising comprising a placing of new Ordinary Shares in conjunction with a significant subscription of shares in the Company by the international commodity trader Trafigura (see above) and an intended conversion of debt under the existing unsecured loan facility between IYA Global Limited and the Company in addition to an offer via PrimaryBid.
The Company has announced that pleased to announce that the PrimaryBid Offer successfully closed at 9 p.m. on 3 June 2020 conditionally raising gross proceeds of £2.24 million. A total of 121,284,926 new Ordinary Shares will be issued at 1.85 pence per share pursuant to the PrimaryBid Offer. The total gross proceeds to be raised under the Placing and PrimaryBid Offer amount to £4.73 million (approx. US$5.9 million).
Application will be made for the Offer Shares to be admitted to trading on London Stock Exchange. Dealings are expected to commence at 8.00 a.m. on 23 June 2020, at the same time as the closing of the Subscription, Conversion and the Placing.
The PrimaryBid Offer is conditional upon the passing of the resolutions at the general meeting of the Company, being approved by Shareholders at a General Meeting being held on 22 June 2020.
Original article link
Source: President Energy