News listings
Equatorial Guinea Licence Round

energy-pedia exploration

Mali flagMali

Middle East / Africa >>> Mali

Mali: Centric Energy and Heritage to acquire exploration seismic next year


07 Dec 2009

Photo - see caption

Centric Energy Corp has provided an update of exploration plans for its licences in Mali, West Africa. Centric Energy holds a 25% interest in Blocks 7 and 11 in eastern Mali. The remaining 75% is held by wholly-owned subsidiaries of Heritage Oil, which operates both licences after farming-in during 2008. Under the terms of the farm-in, Centric Energy is carried through the 2D seismic work programme over both Blocks and the first exploration well.

Photo - see caption
Mali oil and gas blocks including Centric Energy's Blocks 7 & 11

The Blocks have a total area of 72,000 sq kms (approx. 18 million acres) and are located in the Gao graben, a Mesozoic-age rift basin with up to 15,000 feet of Cretaceous-age sediments. The rift basin is well-defined by the interpretation of high-resolution aeromagnetic survey flown by Centric Energy in late 2007, totalling 42,000 kms of flight lines, supported by 1976-vintage seismic data.

Opportunities for hydrocarbon accumulations in African rift basins have been proven with discoveries such as those in the Agadem block in Niger; the Albertine graben in Uganda, where Heritage Oil has discovered major quantities of oil; and Chad, which has oil production of up to 200,000 barrels per day from the Doba basin.

The planned exploration activities in Mali for 2010 includes the acquisition, processing and interpretation of up to 354 kms of 2D seismic data in Block 11 and a firm budget of up to US$8.9 million (approx. C$9.4 million). The partnership is also considering continuing the seismic acquisition into Block 7. The start of acquisition is expected to be approx. mid-year 2010, after preliminary reconnaissance and fieldwork. It is expected that the interpretation of the seismic data will lead to the development of prospects for subsequent drilling.

Alec Robinson, President and CEO says: 'With these firm plans for acquisition of new seismic data in Mali, next year will be an exciting time for our exploration programme, with the potential to lead to exploration drilling in these Blocks in the following year. Centric Energy looks forward to working closely with our partner, Heritage Oil, on the continuing exploration of the Gao graben in Mali.'

Source: Centric Energy





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current deals: 1688
Completed deals: 5158

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2634

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3255

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 425

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1348

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 633

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

SLR Consulting logo
RSK Logo 149
Union Jack Oil 149
Rose & Assocs 149
EP Consult Energies
count geophysics
Lynx Information Systems
energy365
Government of South Australia
Geoespace
KL Publishing
OPC
Bayphase
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com