News listings

energy-pedia exploration

Norway flagNorway

Europe / Caspian / CIS >>> Norway

Norway: Lundin granted drilling permit for well 16/4-12 in PL 981


26 Oct 2020

Photo - see caption

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Lundin Energy Norway for wildcat well 16/4-12 in production licence PL 981.

Well 16/4-12 will be drilled from the West Bollsta drilling facility in position 58° 41' 51.29" N and 02° 08' 50.75"E after it concludes the drilling of wildcat well 7221/4-1 for Lundin Energy Norway in production licence PL 609.

Lundin Energy Norway is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Aker BP (40 per cent).

The area in this licence consists of the northern part of block 16/4. The well will be drilled about 1 km west of the 16/4-6 S Solveig oil discovery.

Production licence 981 was awarded on 1 March 2019 (APA2018). This is the first exploration well to be drilled in this licence. The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling activity starts.

Photo - see caption

Original article link

Source: NPD





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current Deals

Current Upstream Deals: 373

Completed Deals

Completed Upstream Deals: 5961

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2745

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3564

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 444

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1443

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 766

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

energy365
KL Publishing
Union Jack Oil 149
SLR Consulting logo
Rose & Assocs 149
Government of South Australia
OPC
Bayphase
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com