News listings

energy-pedia exploration

Norway flagNorway

Europe / Caspian / CIS >>> Norway

Norway: Spirit Energy granted drilling permit for well 16/1-33 S in PL 780


22 Jun 2020

Photo - see caption

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Spirit Energy Norway a drilling permit for wildcat well 16/1-33 S in production licence PL 780.

Well 16/1-33 S will be drilled from the Leiv Eiriksson drilling facility in position 58°58'42.96"N and 2°10'30.82"E.

Spirit Energy Norway is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Aker BP with 40 per cent.

The area in this licence consists of part of Block 16/1. The well will be drilled about 5 kms north of the Ivar Aasen field in the central part of the North Sea, and 205 kms west of Stavanger.

Production licence PL 780 was awarded on 6 February 2015 in APA 2014 on the Norwegian shelf.

This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence. The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Photo - see caption

Original article link

Source: NPD





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current Deals

Current Upstream Deals: 355

Completed Deals

Completed Upstream Deals: 5492

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2722

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3495

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 439

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1420

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 732

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

SLR Consulting logo
KL Publishing
OPC
Geoespace
Rose & Assocs 149
Union Jack Oil 149
Bayphase
Government of South Australia
energy365
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com