News listings

energy-pedia seismic

Suriname flagSuriname

South America / GoM >>> Suriname

Suriname: Murphy completes Block 37 offshore seismic survey


10 May 2009

Photo - see caption
Suriname on/offshore licences, including Block 37

A 3D seismic survey on the Murphy Oil Block 37 offshore Suriname has been completed. Murphy has an 80% working interest in the block with the Suriname state oil company, Staatsolie, holding the remaining 20% under a production sharing contract. 

The survey is being processed and once interpretation is complete the plan is to drill next year, Murphy President and CEO David Wood said in a web cast. The block covers roughly 2.1 million acres (849,800 hectares) and lies in water depths of 160 to 1,000 feet (49 to 305 m).

Murphy's operations in Latin America and the Caribbean are currently limited to Suriname after the company sold its assets in Ecuador to Spain's Repsol earlier this year. Murphy and the Ecuador government had been at loggerheads over the latter's decision to turn participation contracts into service provider deals.

'This was the right decision, to sell the assets, and one that was favourable financially for our shareholders,' the executive said. Previous production estimates for 2009 included full year volumes from Ecuador of 6,000 b/d, he added.





Bookmark and Share


A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.


Subscriber Only Deals

Current deals: 1689
Completed deals: 5209

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2643

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 3281

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 427

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1358

Geostudies

Current Geostudies articles: 640

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...


energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...



energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...

Subscribe

Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter
Subscribe

Rose & Assocs 149
count geophysics
Government of South Australia
Union Jack Oil 149
SLR Consulting logo
Bayphase
OPC
RSK Logo 149
energy365
KL Publishing
Geoespace
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675

Email: info@energy-pedia.com