News listings

energy-pedia farmouts/divestments

Brazil flagBrazil

South America / GoM >>> Brazil

Brazil: Petrobras concludes the sale of the Albacora Leste field

26 Jan 2023

Photo - see caption

Petrobras, following up on the releases disclosed on 01/26/2023 and 04/27/2022, informs that it has finalized, after the fulfillment of all the preceding conditions, the sale of its total interest in the Albacora Leste production field, located in the Campos Basin, to the company Petro Rio Jaguar Petróleo LTDA, a subsidiary of Petro Rio.

The transaction was concluded with the cash payment of US$ 1.635 billion (R$ 8.455 billion) to Petrobras, already with the adjustments provided for in the contract. The amount received today is in addition to the US$ 292.7 million paid to Petrobras when the sale contract was signed on 04/28/2022. In addition to this amount, Petrobras is expected to receive up to US$ 250 million in contingent payments, depending on future Brent prices.

With the conclusion of the assignment, PetroRio becomes the operator of the Albacora Leste field, with a 90% stake, in partnership with Repsol Sinopec Brasil, which holds the remaining 10%.

This operation is in line with the company's portfolio management strategy and the improved allocation of its capital, aiming to maximize value and provide a greater return to society. Petrobras continues to increasingly concentrate its resources on assets that have shown a great competitive advantage over the years, with lower greenhouse gas emissions.

About Albacora Leste

The Albacora Leste field has an area of 511.56 km2 and is located in the northern area of the Campos Basin, in water depths ranging from 1,000 to 2,150 m, at a distance of about 120 km from Cabo de São Tomé. The field started operations in 2006 and produced an average of 29,000 bbl/day of oil and 591,500 m3/d of gas in the year 2022, through the P-50 platform of the FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading) type.

Photo - see caption

See related announcement (May 2022): Petro Rio acquires interest in the Albacora Leste field

Original article link

Source: Petrobras

Bookmark and Share

A global information service for upstream oil and gas opportunities - divestitures, farmins and farmouts and licensing rounds.

Subscriber Only Deals

Current Deals

Current Upstream Deals: 278

Completed Deals

Completed Upstream Deals: 6425

Company Profiles

Current Company Profiles: 2872

Corporate Activity

Current Corporate Activity articles: 4008

Companies Looking

Current number of articles: 461

Company Sales

Current Company Sales articles:1610


Current Geostudies articles: 907

How to subscribe

energy-pedia Jobs

RSS Feed Widget
See all jobs...

energy-pedia Databank

The energy-pedia databank contains links to information on the world financial and energy markets, including share prices, oil and gas prices and the global stock exchanges. Read more...

energy-pedia Glossary

A list of commonly used terms in the oil and gas industry. Read more...


Subscribe to the FREE
energy-pedia Daily Newsletter

Rose & Assocs 180
Union Jack Oil 149
Government of South Australia
Telos NRG
About energy-pedia

energy-pedia news is a FREE news service written and edited by E and P professionals for E and P professionals.

We don't just report the news, we give you the technical background as well, with additional information derived from our unique energy-pedia opportunities service.
Contact us

energy365 Ltd

238 High Street
London Colney
St Albans

Tel: +44(0)1727 822675